Our department is active in following research areas:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Heat and mass transfer
- Nano fluids
- Boundary value problem
- Numerical Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Theoretical Seismology
- Optimization Techniques
- Summability Theory
Some of our publications:
- D. Pal, H. Mondal (2010) “Effect of variable viscosity on MHD non-Darcy mixed convective heat transfer over a stretching sheet embedded in a porous medium with non-uniform heat source/sink”, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (Elsevier), 15, 1553-1564.
- D. Pal, H. Mondal (2012) “Influence of chemical reaction and thermal radiation on mixed convection
heat and mass transfer over a stretching sheet in Darcian porous medium with Soret and Dufour
effects”, Energy Conversion & Management (Elsevier), 62, 102–108.
- P. K. Roy, H. Mondal, A. Mallick (2015) “A Decomposition Method for Convective-Radiative Fin With
Hear Generation”, Ain Shams Engineering Journal (Elsevier), 6, 307–313.
- P. De, H. Mondal, U. K. Bera (2016) “Dual solutions of heat and mass transfer of nanofluid over a
stretching/shrinking sheet with thermal radiation”, Meccanica (Springer), 51(1), 117-124.
- P. K. Roy, A. Mallick, H. Mondal (2017) “Sicelo Goqo, Precious Sibanda, Numerical study on
rectangular-convex-triangular profiles with all variable thermal properties”, International Journal of
Mechanical Sciences, 133, 251–259.
- H. Sithole, H. Mondal, P. Sibanda (2018) “Entropy generation in a second grade
magnetohydrodynamic nanofluid flow over a convectively heated stretching sheet with nonlinear
thermal radiation and viscous dissipation”, Results in Physics (Elsevier), 9, 1077–1085.
- H. Sithole, H. Mondal, S. Goqo (2018) “Precious Sibanda, Sandile Motsa, Numerical simulation of
couple stress nanofluid flow in magneto-porous medium with thermal radiation and a chemical
reaction”, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 339, 820–836.
- N. Gangopadhyaya, S. Roy, M. Sahoo, S. Roychowdhury (2018) "Eigenvalue Approach on Generalized
Thermoelastic Interactions of a Layer", International Journal of Mathematics Trends and Technology
(IJMTT), DOI: 10.1115/1.4044513.
- N. Gangopadhyaya, A. Lahiri, P. Patra, S. Roy (2019) "Wave Propagation in an Unbounded Magneto-
Thermoelastic Rotating Medium Permeated by a Heat Source", Journal of Heat Transfer, DOI:
- S. Gupta, A. Pramanik, Smita, S. Pramanik (2018) "Scattering of three-dimensional plane waves in a
self-reinforced half-space lying over a triclinic half-space", Journal of geophysics and Engineering (IOP
Science), 15, pp. 759–774.
- S. Gupta, Smita, S. Pramanik, A. Pramanik (2018) "Effect of dry sandiness parameter and initial stress
on the scattering of plane SH wave", Arabian Journal of Geoscience (Springer), DOI: 10.1007/s12517-
- S. Gupta, A. Pramanik, M. Ahmed (2018) "Impact of pre-stress, inhomogeneity and porosity on the
propagation of Love wave", Acta Geophysica (Springer), DOI: 10.1007//s11600-018-0185-3.
- S. Gupta, Smita, S. Pramanik, A. Pramanik (2018) "A comparative analysis (real-time data and
theoretical results) for propagation of SH waves in a viscoelastic model influenced by a point source",
Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids (Sage), DOI: 10.1177/1081286518764759.
- S. Gupta, Smita, S. Pramanik, A. Pramanik (2019) "Scattering of plane-wave through fluid medium of
finite width between self-reinforced and triclinic half spaces", Waves in Random and Complex Media
(Taylor & Francis), DOI: 10.1080/17455030.2019.1659522.
- P. Malik, A. Ghosh, S. Das (2019) "I-statistical cluster points and limit points of sequences",
Proyecciones, DOI: 10.22199/issn.0717-6279-2019-05-0065.
- P. Malik, S. Das, A. Ghosh (2019) "I-statistical limit points and I-statistical cluster points of double
sequences", Journal of Analysis, DOI: 10.1007/s41478-019-00197-x.
- P. Malik, A. Ghosh, M. Maity (2018) "I and I* pre-Cauchy double sequences in probabilistic metric
spaces", Matematički Vesnik, 70 (2), 97-109.