The goal of the psychology department is to offer a comprehensive education that is complemented by practical experiences, giving students the best opportunity to learn, explore, hone their analytical abilities, and engage in high-caliber research initiatives. It aspires to provide students the professional skill-sets they need to conduct themselves ethically and to instill a sense of social responsibility by participating in real-life learning opportunities through outreach programmes.
- Prepare students to work as competent counsellors and psychologists.
- Create awareness about Mental Health among students and others.
- Primarily emphasizing on learning by doing to get hands-on experience.
- To prepare students for successful career choices in mental health professions as well as in academics.
- The curriculum is designed entirely around the needs of mental health professionals