What is Robotics and Automation Engineering?
Robotics and automation engineering are fields of engineering that deal with making robots and automating processes. They use computers to manipulate and process robotic activities.
These robots are then used in the following industries:
- Industries will accelerate the production process
- The discipline of nuclear science
- Electrical signal service and transmission
- Design of bio-medical equipment, sea exploration, and so on
The engineers involved in robotics and automation apply computer, mechanical, electrical, biological mechanics, and software engineering skills.
What are the important skills for a robotics engineer?
In contrast to other forms of engineering, one needs to be at least somewhat adept, though not necessarily an expert in every technological field. A good robotics engineer combines technical knowledge with a range of hard and soft skills. As a result, having a strong understanding of learning strategies is critical in order to be effective across such a broad range of disciplines.
- Robots are extremely complex systems, and working with them necessitates knowledge in a wide range of disciplines. You must be skilled in mechanics, electronics, and electricity, as well as programming, sensing, and even psychology and cognition. Being a great roboticist requires skills such as understanding systems and evaluating them.
- Roboticists must have a programming mindset in order to be successful. Whether you work on low-level control systems or high-level cognitive systems, you will feel at ease picking up new languages as needed. Here are the few languages that a Robotics engineer should know like MATLAB, PASCAL, C/C++, .Net, Java, industrial robot language, hardware description language(HDLs)
- There are so many topics in robotics that learning them all before you need them for a project is impossible. Active learning is a skill that will serve you well throughout your career. As a result, having a strong grasp of the learning strategies that work best for you will enable you to learn new things quickly and easily when the occasion arises.
- Mathematics is one of these essential skills. Without a solid understanding of algebra, calculus, and geometry, you will most likely struggle to succeed in robotics. This is because, at its most basic, robotics relies on the ability to comprehend and manipulate abstract concepts, which are frequently represented as functions or equations. Geometry is especially important for understanding topics like kinematics and technical drawing, which you will most likely use in your career.
- Skills in Analytical Thinking will allow you to analyze the problem from various angles while Critical Thinking skills will help you to use logic and reasoning to balance the strengths and weaknesses of each solution.
- Being skilled in technology design requires the ability to create workable systems, which is clearly critical when creating a robotic system. It also entails being able to determine why something isn’t working properly and come up with potential solutions, which necessitates Repairing skills. These two skills are necessary for a roboticist.Because robotics involves a diverse set of technologies, expertise in technology design means you can effectively isolate the source of problems and propose effective solutions.
Finally, given the complex nature of robotics, good communication skills, persistence, and complex problem-solving skills are essential. An example would be persistence in finding a solution to a difficult problem or persistence in explaining a complicated concept.
Taking the first step towards a robotics career
If you are thinking about becoming a robotics engineer, you can be confident that the career will be lucrative, long-term, and rewarding. There are already very few colleges that offer robotics engineering courses. However, if you want the best of the best, you should go with Brainware University. The university boasts of being the best private university in Kolkata offering more than 55 career-building courses. Explore the following Robotics and Automation engineering courses from Brainware University to learn more about how earning a degree/diploma can help you advance your career.
- BTech in Robotics & Automation
- Diploma in Robotics & Automation
- MTech in Industrial Robotics & Automation
At Brainware University, students get trained with
- Best-in-class laboratories and cutting-edge research facilities
- Industry-focused instruction with frequent industry trips and practical training
- Frequent workshops and seminars presented by industry experts
- Innovative initiatives carried forth through the incubator
- Extensive training before placement and right from the beginning of the programme
Brainware University has already placed 98% students in 2022, and it hopes to do even better in the 2023 placement drive.