The trend of online classes has increased since the Covid 19 pandemic has hit the world. Before this, even though online classes existed but were not too popular and after the pandemic, the entire scenario has changed, and due to online learning, the students could experience uninterrupted learning. As the internet has a lot to offer, and resources are endless, the online classes are also beyond education which is not at all bound within the
As per the KPMG report, “Estimates indicate that the eLearning market worldwide will grow immensely to the tune of more than 243 billion U.S. dollars by 2022.” This estimation is clearly marking that eLearning is going to be a global trend in the near future.
Importance of E-learning:
- Accessibility of the lectures any number of times
- Updated and mapped syllabus
- Learn from home
- Learn by taking your time and pace For e-Learning, a number of apps are equally important and available for a better and smoother learning experience. In this blog, our prime focus will be on the best apps for students.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy is one of the best learning apps for students. This app is available in IOS and Android as well. Students can practice at their own pace.
In the first step, they fill up the gaps in the students’ understanding then they accelerate the learning speed. With the trusted content prepared by the experts based on the students’ needs, the teachers tailor the instructions and meet the needs of every student.
- Coursera: The Coursera users can get access to the top universities. With a number of video instruction and graded assignment, you can even earn the accredited master’s degree.
- Google Classroom: With an aim to simplify learning, Google has developed Google Classroom to create, distribute and grade assignments. Streamlining the process of sharing files is the main purpose of Google Classroom.
● It brings all the learning tools together and manages multiple classes in one central destination.
● It is very user-friendly, not at all complex.
● The students can work simultaneously with the whole class in the same document
● All the students can get connected face-to-face through Google Meet.
● This app can be accessed from anywhere or any device which surely
increases flexibility and mobility and makes it easy for the students to stay connected with the class.
- Document Scanner: It is an Indian scanner app that provides a number of scanning options. They offer more than 50 tools to edit and manage options.
● Scanning document.
● Enhancing the scan quality automatically/manually
● Smart cropping available
● Optimising PDF, B/W, Lighten, Color and dark modes
● Uploading docs to Google Drive, Dropbox etc
● Scanning QR Code/Bar-code.
● Creating QR Code.
● Sharing scanned QR Code.
● Turning the old documents into a clear and sharp one by removing the noise
● Creating PDF in different sizes from A1 to A-6 and like Postcard, letter, Note,
- Microsoft Lens: It converts images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitises printed or handwritten text, and saves them to OneNote, OneDrive, or any other local device. Importing images that are already on the device using Gallery is also possible. Features:
● Scanning classroom handouts and annotating them in Word and OneNote
● Scanning handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
● Keeping class notes and own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
- Google drive: It provides easy and secure access to all the contents. The content kept in the drive are safe, private, and never used for ad personalisation.
- Oxford dictionary: with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings, Oxford Dictionary has 150 years of research behind it. More than 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying
pronunciations, are also available. Word of the day deserves a special mention as it is a great move by the app to expand the vocabulary by learning a new word, everyday.
- Duolingo: To learn a language and gain communication skills, Duolingo is highly used. With effective and efficient courses, the app make sure to enhance the listening, reading, learning and skills. Duolingo offers 103 different language courses in 40 languages and has over 500 million registered users.
- Grammarly: It provides you specific suggestion to improve the writing. It helps to use correct grammar, sentence structure and even spelling. This app is extremely useful for the students.
- Motion: Motion is a free web browser extension that is used to block sites like Facebook, Instagram etc. It is absolutely customisation and the user can block the pages based on their convenience of days and time. ‘
We have featured some of the most important apps for students which will help them to enhance as well as simplify their learning process and make them equip to face the world.
Content By : Brainware University