Five reasons to earn a degree in Media Science – Trending courses, job opportunities and more
Being one of the fastest growing sectors in the last few decades, the Media industry has an extremely promising scenario. The Media industry directly or indirectly provides employment to more than 4 million people. With robust demand, high competition, and strong government support regarding policies, the media sector has witnessed phenomenal growth. Those who opt for a career in the media industry can pursue media science courses such as BSc Media Science. There are a number of Media Science colleges in Kolkata offering a range of opportunities for the upcoming generation.
But before going to that, let us discuss the reasons to take Media Science.
- Industry Exposure: To cover different events and stories, one must travel to different places and explore the different industries as a professional. As a student also, industry visits are necessary. So, the students get acquainted with the industry and how it works way before they actually turn into a professional.
- Several Employment Areas: A student of Media Science can get opportunities to work in various areas like newspapers, TV news channels, magazines, FM channels, Production houses, PR firms and so on. So there is a number of fields that
- Enhance The Skillset: As a student of Media Science, one must acquire and enhance the skills like creating strong oral and written messages, working well with others, managing their image, researching, analyzing and solving problems.
- Good Salary Structure: The freshers might not start big but over time, the students having a degree can really earn a hefty amount.
- Chance to be a part of the press: Studying media Science opens the door to PRESS. As this is considered the watchdog of society, it gives a massive amount of power to the cardholder.
After pursuing BSc Media Science Degree, one can work as:
- News Anchor
- Public relations officer
- Radio Jockey
- Content writer
- TV Anchor
- Advertising professional
- Copywriter Editor
- Corporate Communicator OTT/web professional
- Entrepreneur Audio professional
- Event Manager
Media Studies is a worthwhile discipline and to gain the skills needed to excel as a professional, one must pursue it at a reliable institute. Brainware University, enlisted among the top media science colleges in Kolkata offering BSc in Media Science and Journalism. To make the students’ industry ready, BWU has minutely planned its curriculum in a very affordable course fee structure.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with modern labs for advanced research
- Highly experienced journalists and media house professionals as faculty members
- Industry-standard sound lab, news reading room, shooting floor
- Tie up with multiple media and production houses to provide hands-on training
- 360-degree placement training and guaranteed assistance
With the mission of developing future professionals, Brainware University provides the course at a reasonable cost. Numerous media organisations, including ABP Ananda, Zee 24 Ghanta, News 18 Bangla, and The Times, have given the institution awards for providing quality in education, placement, and infrastructure. Additionally, one of the most notable characteristics that have contributed to BWU’s reputation as the most trustworthy university is its continuous placement record.