10 Reasons why Biotechnology is booming – Career Scope
Biotechnology can become a gateway to rewarding career opportunities. According to the Market Size survey, “The Indian biotechnology industry amounted to US$ 63 billion in 2019 and is forecast to reach US$ 150 billion by 2025, with a CAGR of 16.4%. By 2025, the contribution of the Indian biotechnology industry in the global biotechnology market is expected to grow to 19% from 3% in 2017.”
To develop in various sectors and industries, a skilled professional in Biotechnology can play a pivotal role in the areas of pharmaceutical, manufacturing, cell biology, gene therapy, farming, environmental application. After measuring its spread, it can be easily stated that Biotechnology’s booming is obvious and inevitable.
Biotechnology and its applications in various fields are proof that it is everywhere. A biotechnologist can work in vast fields and their demand is increasing in leaps and bound.
- Animal husbandry
- Genetic Engineering
- Environmental conservation
- Soil biology
- Textile industry
Let’s have a look at the career scopes after pursuing Biotechnology:
- After pursuing graduation in Biotechnology, specialization in the very same domain is a great option that allows deepening the knowledge and also provides an accurate blend of practical and theoretical studies that enables and increases the employability skills. So, going for a post-graduation degree in Biotechnology is a great option.
- Going for a PhD degree also widens the number of opportunities as the Biotechnology industry in India is increasing rapidly.
- Working as an assistant researcher under the guidance of the scientist opens the opportunity to not only learn more but also gives you the chance to imply the knowledge that you gathered in your graduation days.
- Getting a job in Intellectual Property Research and Patenting after completing graduation in Biotechnology is actually quite easy. It is a field where Biotechnology and Law are intermingled and becoming a Biotech Patent Lawyer is a great option too.
- Working in Research and Development (R&D) is extremely beneficial and is one of the best career options for graduates in Biotechnology. You can learn more about how the research is actually being done. The salary package that this job profile offers is lucrative and the promotion here is quite frequent.
- Working as Laboratory technicians or assistants is one of the most convenient career opportunities that the domain offers. It gives the immense scope of learning and excelling in the career.
- Becoming an entrepreneur is also a great career option. If if you do not prefer working under the pressure of a fixed schedule, you can be your own boss by starting up your own business. In fact, Biotech startups is a thriving economy in India. There are various startups that are encouraging Being inventive and creative is a bonus to become an entrepreneur. You can search for available funding from the Indian Government and present your own Biotech innovation.
- Applying for the job of sales in biopharma companies is another way of utilizing your knowledge of the domain. Opting for non-scientific jobs in the industry can really be indulging in your career. To deal with the doctors, researchers, techs, students and scientists, you will need soft skills along with technical skills.
- Applying for jobs in the private sector will offer higher pay. The manufacturing department or the research department needs Biotech graduates. Applying as an intern in clinical research or partner with a researcher who’s developing a new medicinal product can also be an option.
- You can also become a teacher and excel in the field of academics by building the future Biotechnologists. To strengthen your foundation in Biotechnology, you need an academic institution that not only equips you with the knowledge but also builds you for the industry and helps to create your career. There are a number of Biotechnology colleges in Kolkata, that offer BSc in Biotechnology like Brainware University, The Neotia University, Amity University, Adamas University etc.
Before selecting any university, make sure to check some of the criteria like
- Faculty members
- Fees Structure
- Industry-institute Interface
- Placement Record
Brainware University has it all. With highly experienced faculty members, Brainware University follows a mapped curriculum that is designed after scrutinizing the industry needs that too in an affordable course fees structure. To make the students industry-ready, Brainware University focuses on the industry visits that make them aware of how the
industry actually works even before they start their careers. Their excellent placement record from focuses that they are fulfilling their motto.