The Latest Apple iPhone 13: Features and more
On 14th September Apple has launched iPhone 13 series as well as products at its streaming events that took place in California. As it is called the iPhone 13, it is full of upgrades but lacks major surprising features. Apart from the iPhone series, a new entry-level iPad, as well as the all-new iPad mini, were also announced.
Four new iPhone 13 models have been launched at the streaming event. It looks like last year’s model and still comes in four different models: the iPhone 13, iPhone13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. The iPhone 13 mini has a 5.4-inch screen, with the regular and Pro models at 6.1 inches and the Pro Max measuring at 6.7 inches.
If you look carefully, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini come with new camera modules styled diagonally. There is a new “Sierra Blue color option for the “Pro” models. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max still have stainless steel bands, just like before.
Camera features of the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
- Three rear-facing cameras, including a zoom lens, a wide lens, and an ultra-wide camera,
- 77mm telephoto camera with 3x optical camera
- Ultra-Wide camera with 92 per cent boost in low light, f/1.8 aperture, auto-focus, 6-element lens
- Wide camera: f/1.5 aperture, up to 2.2x improvement in low light
- New macro photography features for the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Night mode available across all three lenses
Major features of the iPhone 13 series
- The iPhone 13 will come in four versions as before with the same screen sizes and starting prices but more processing power, better cameras, and double the base storage on the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini.
- The new range is powered by the new and more powerful A15 Bionic processor with 5-nanometer tech and six-core CPU
- The iPhone 13 Pro models also feature a 5-core GPU for better graphics and a Super Retina XDR display with Pro Motion that can go from 10Hz to 120Hz refresh rate when needed to showcase this capability.
iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max price in India, sale date
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini will be available in three storage variants each. The iPhone 13 mini 128GB is priced at Rs. 69,900 in India, 256GB priced at 79.900, and 512GB priced at Rs. 99,900. The iPhone 13 will cost Rs. 79,900, Rs. 89,900 and Rs. 99,900 respectively
iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max will both be available with up to 1TB of storage. The iPhone 13 Pro has been priced starting at Rs. 1,19,900 for 128GB, Rs. 1,29,900 for 256GB, Rs. 1,49,900 for 512GB going up to Rs. 1,69,900 for 1TB.
The top-of-the-line iPhone 13 Pro Max will cost Rs. 1,29,900, Rs. 1,39,900. Rs. 1,59,900 and Rs. 1,79,900 respectively making it Apple’s most expensive iPhone ever.
Comparison between iPhone 12 and iPhone 13
iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13: Prices
the iPhone 13 starts at Rs 79,900 for the all-new 128GB base model, 256GB storage model priced at Rs 89,900, and the top trim now is the 512GB model at Rs 109,900. Based on the pricing, the iPhone 13 isn’t as costly as the iPhone 12 at launch
iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13: Design, display
The iPhone 13 sports a flat-edged design, the same as the iPhone 12. The dual cameras on the iPhone 13 can be seen in diagonal placement at the back instead of the straight as seen on the iPhone 12. Both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 models come with the same 6.1-inch display.
iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13: Camera
The iPhone 13 comes with an all-new dual-camera system along with a sensor-shift OIS feature, which was seen on the iPhone 12 Pro Max last year. The 12-megapixel wide camera on the iPhone 13 gets an f/1.6 aperture that can offer 47 per cent more light-gathering than the iPhone 12.
In addition, the iPhone 13 gets the Cinematic mode that can record Dolby Vision HDR. The iPhone 13 will also support HDR video recording with Dolby Vision. The new iPhones support 4K up to 60fps on all cameras.
iPhone 12 vs iPhone 13: Processor, battery life
The A15 Bionic chipset makes the iPhone 13 the fastest iPhone ever made and claimed performance improvements over the iPhone 12’s A14 Bionic chip. During the keynote, Apple claimed that the iPhone 13 would offer about 2.5 hours longer battery life than the iPhone 12.
This clearly means that the iPhone 13 packs a bigger battery unit and explains why the thickness has slightly gone up on the new iPhone models.