Diploma in Engineering after Class 10
In today’s ever-shifting competitive job market, students are highly seeking short vocational courses that make them job-ready. Diploma courses are, therefore, growing in demand, particularly by students willing to enter the professional-world soon.
Diploma in engineering is one of the most sought-after courses. The course generally involves theoretical and practical classes on fundamental engineering concepts. After you pass your 10th standard, you can take admission to engineering diploma courses in various streams.
Popular Diploma Courses in Engineering
A few popular diploma programmes in engineering are-
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Information Science
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Pattern of Engineering Diploma Programme
Most engineering diploma courses run on semester or yearly basis for duration of total three years. Many other diplomas that follow a semester pattern may have a planned duration of total four years that involve three years of general study and one year of industrial internship. So, students enrolling to diploma courses after their class 10, do not necessarily have to waste extra years in study.
Benefits of Getting Diploma in Engineering
- After completing their diploma courses, students can directly enter to the 2nd year of B.E. or B. Tech. courses through lateral entry.
- Students do not need to go through their 11th and 12th standard, instead they get into a professional course that provides them opportunity to get job earlier.
- After completing diploma courses, students can get admission to postgraduate diploma courses to hone their skills and knowledge.
- Diploma students gain solid knowledge of fundamentals of engineering. This helps them while they pursue B.E. or B. Tech. courses in future.
- Students, who can’t join engineering degree courses, get benefit from earning diploma programmes both in job-market as well as for further studies.
- Diploma in engineering makes students job-ready faster, so their chances of being hired and valued increase.
- As diploma courses are practical in nature, the amount of time students spend learning and completing assignments is greatly lessened, allowing them to enter the workforce and reap the benefits.
In India, demand for diploma courses in engineering is highly increasing. Online diploma courses are also in spark to meet this high demand. Most of the universities today are offering diploma in engineering in different disciplines to give students exposure to the professional sectors.