Placement grooming is very significant to put high emphasis on technical and non-technical aspects of pre-placement training. This helps students to excel at interviews and recruitment processes. Personality development along with knowledge and skill enhancement is very important for every student to get placed within their dream organisations.
To provide students with better placement opportunity in better organisations, many institutes arrange placement grooming sessions for students as part of their academic curricula. Placement grooming sessions generally include soft-skill training, industry exposure, internships, mock interviews etc.
Soft-skills training includes learning English communication skills, interviewing skills, presentation skills etc. Soft-skill trainers with the help of audio- visual mediums teach students how to speak and write grammatically right English to facilitate flawless communication. Students get to learn correct spellings, proper pronunciation, right speech techniques etc.
By conducting mock interviews, students are thoroughly made ready for stress interviews so that they can crack interviews effortlessly on the day of placement. Other skills such as, body language patterns, leadership qualities, group interactions, discussion skills, etc. are also taught at this stage.
Industry-interface programmes are meant to bring fresh graduates into close contact with the industry leaders and professionals, who have much broader knowledge and experience and can provide effective tips on how to succeed in professional fronts and how to navigate the dark corporate cults.
Although all these above mentioned training sessions contribute to personality development, experts help in some other ways too to develop students’ personality. These may include how to dress up properly, how to speak correctly, proper mannerism, proper code of behaviour etc.
Why Placement Grooming is Important?
Placement grooming sessions help graduates in a number of ways to make them more employable and job-ready.
Placement grooming sessions help students realize their positive aspects of characters and keep focus on their best potential areas to increase self- esteem and power of presentation.
Improve Motivational Skills:
Motivation is a great resource to improve students’ confidence level. Trained professionals from industry or academia teach students various practicing methods and games to improve their motivation.
Teach Workplace Ethics:
At the time of training, the mentors give an idea of the expected workplace ethics and behaviour, decorum, and the sense of dressing. This helps students to be comfortable in a new environment and alleviate the situation.
Develop Career & Employability:
Grooming sessions can extend training, resources, services, tools, and experience to empower students and facilitate their journey towards a successful and sustainable career. This makes students industry-ready and globally fit.
- Placement grooming sessions helps graduates enhance their personality and skills and makes them more employable and job-ready.
- There are a number of placement grooming processes –
- Soft-skill training: Soft-skills training includes English communication learning, presentation skills, interview skills as well as teaching of body language, leadership, group conversation etc.
- Industry-exposure: Students get valuable tips on how to succeed professionally and navigate the dark corporate cults by guidance from industry professionals.
- Mock Interviews: By conducting mock interviews, students are thoroughly made ready for stress interviews so that they can crack interviews effortlessly on the day of placement. Other skills such as, body language patterns, leadership qualities, group interactions, discussion skills, etc. are also taught at this stage.
- Personality Development: These may include how to dress up properly, how to speak correctly, proper mannerism, proper code of behaviour etc.
- Pre-placement training provides a large number of advantages for students –
- Develop Career & Employability
- Improve Self-esteem
- Enhance Motivational Skills
- Teach Workplace Behaviour
- Placement grooming sessions are very helpful for all students. Students can come out with flying colours in an interview and can establish a good image in their very first job.