1.Is Brainware University a recognized university? Are all courses UGC recognized?
Yes. Brainware University is a recognized university. The West Bengal Act XXXI of 2015 for BRAINWARE UNIVERSITY, was passed by the West Bengal Legislature, assented to by the Governor, and subsequently published in the Kolkata Gazette, on 27.01.2016.
2. Is the degree valid for those seeking Govt. jobs?
Brainware University is enlisted by the UGC in its official website. You can apply for any Govt. job of any state after completion of your course from this University.
3. Can we apply in MNCs?
Yes, all MNCs will accept your certificate; you can also apply abroad.
4. When does each course start?
Odd Sem : July/August
5. What is the application deadline?
Please discuss with the counsellor (71445592 / 71445593 / 4020 0855 / 4020 0880 / 98300 06866).
6. What are the application requirements?
Duly filled in form along with all testimonials, identity proof ( all attested ) and photo (3 copies each) .
7. Do I have to sit for an admission test?
8. What is the application process?
Fill in the online form ,visit our campus and pay the booking amount ( Rupees 10,000/-) Or please call 7144 5592 / 7144 5593 / 4020 0855 / 4020 0880 / 98300 06866.
9. Are the courses available on a part-time basis?
No. These are full-time courses.
10. What is the college timing?
College timing is : 10 am to 5 pm.
11. Are we allowed to work while studying?
You have to secure at least 75% attendance for appearing in the examination.
12. Is there any internship programme incorporated within the course curriculum?
Yes, internship programmes will be part of your curriculum.
13. Can I sit for any global certification?
Yes, you can sit for a number of global certification tests. Please discuss with your counsellor for further details.
14. Can I apply for integratedcourses? Will I be getting any discount then?
Yes, you will be offered discount for this. Please discuss with your counsellor for further details.
15. Am I eligible to apply for a PhD post my Master's?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for a PhD at any University after acquiring a master degree from Brainware University.
16. Will I get a job once I complete my course?
Brainware University has an excellent placement cell with Pan India network of employers. Each student will get a number of interviews. Moreover, our pre-placement and soft skill training starts from the 1st year.
17. What are the scholarship opportunities for the programs and how can I apply for the same?
18. Can I pay the fees in installments?
Yes, you can pay the fees quarterly.
19. Is there any assistance from the University regarding bank loans?
For facilitation of educational loans to its students, the University has tied-up with IDBI Bank. Here the University will act as a mediator between you and the Bank. Depending on the fulfillment of the required criteria, the Bank will disburse the loan.
20. Will the exams be conducted following the semester system or on a yearly basis?
Examinations will be held semester wise.
21. If I miss a semester what is the maximum time that will be given to me from the university to complete the course?
6 years for undergraduate and 4 years for postgraduate.
22. Is there any facility available for SC/ST/OBC students?
Yes. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the eligibility criteria will be 5% less in one's final result (10+2 or graduation), than those of regular candidates.
23. Will I get hostel accommodation at the time of admission?
Yes, you can get hostel accommodation depending on the availability of hostel room. It will be booked on first-come-first serve basis.
24. Is there any provision for lateral admission?
This year there is no provision for lateral admission.
25. Can I apply for admission before I have the result for my qualifying examination?
Yes. You can provisionally book your seat before you get the final result. After getting the final result, submit it and your seat will be reserved, if you have scored the qualifying marks. We suggest you book in advance.
26. Is there any capitation Fee?
27. Is there any transport facility?
Yes. Our bus service is available from two locations- Garia and Shyambazar. Please find out the exact charges from our counsellors.
28. What are the job opportunities after completion of my course?
As career counsellors, we would always encourage you to complete a master's degree in your choice of programme. Our experience in placing a huge number of students in areas of Management, Commerce, and other applied sciences reveal that candidates with a postgraduate degree always has a better career prospect compared to an undergraduate. We are giving you the vacancies available under each programme. We must mention here that your semester results, overall understanding of the subjects and soft skills are important factors taken into consideration by the employers in selecting you for the job titles mentioned below:
B.A. (Hons) / MA Multimedia & Web Development
B.Sc (Hons) / M.Sc Hardware & Networking
B.Sc (Hons) / M.Sc Computer Sciences
BCA / MCA
BCom / MCom
BBA / MBA
|FAQ - Computer Science | Hardware and Networking | Multimedia | Management | Commerce | Computer Application|