Bengal Chemical & Pharmaceutical Works Ltd. (BCPW) is precursor of the present Company, Bengal Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (BCPL). Acharya P C Ray took a rented house at 91 Upper Circular Road, Calcutta and started business with a meager capital of Rs 700.00. This idea transpired to convert into a Limited Company and on 12th April, 1901 the name of the Company was styled as Bengal Chemical and Pharmaceutical Works Ltd. (BCPW) Soon BCPW became the first Indian Company of its kind to manufacture quality Chemicals, Drugs, Pharmaceuticals and Home Products, employing indigenous technology, skill and raw materials. for production of quality Drugs & Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals with indigenous technology to cater the needs of millions of common people, foster growth of Indian Industries, compete with imported goods and to become self-sufficient. At today's business environment, local business should learn from BCPW of how to compete with international brand and make profits. BBS gave opportunity to its MBA 2nd Sem. Students both MAKAUT and BWS to visit more than 100 years old production unit which is still competing with many other local and international brands. This was the second industrial visit for the second group after the first group went to PepsiCo. Both the companies are learning hubs for management students where BBS was instrumental in taking them to the places.