|FAQ - CSE | ECE | EE | Mechanical| Hardware and Networking | Multimedia | Management | Commerce | Computer Application | Bio Technology | Pharmaceutical| LLB | BBA LLB | English & Literary Studies| Math| Civil Eng| Mass Comm.|
1. Is Brainware University A Recognized University? Are the courses offered by the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)?
Yes. Brainware University is a recognized university. The West Bengal Act XXXI of 2015 for BRAINWARE UNIVERSITY, was passed by the West Bengal Legislature, assented to by the Governor, and subsequently published in the Kolkata Gazette, on 27.01.2016. All the nomenclatures have been followed in accordance with the UGC guidelines. You may also check the UGC website-http://www.ugc.ac.in
Yes. The courses offered by the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology are approved by PCI.
2. . Is The Degree Valid For Those Seeking Govt. Jobs?
Brainware University is enlisted by the UGC in its official website. You can apply for any Govt. job of any state after completion of your course from this University.
3. Can we apply in MNCs?
Yes, all MNCs will accept your certificate; you can also apply abroad.
4. When does each course start?
Odd Sem: July
5. What is the application deadline?
For Bachelor’s and Diploma in Pharmacy: Please discuss with the counsellor (71445592 / 71445593 / 98300 06866)
6. What are the application requirements?
Duly filled-in form along with all testimonials, identity proof (all attested), and photos (3 copies each).
7. Do I have to sit for an admission test?
Yes. You have to sit for the University Admission Test.
8. What is the application process?
Fill in the online form (http://www.brainwareuniversity.ac.in/university), visit our campus and pay the booking amount (Rupees 5,000/-). Or please call 71445592 / 71445593 / 98300 06866.
9. Can I apply to the Pharmacy courses from any course?
No. Only students from Science stream can apply for this course.
10. Are the courses available on a part-time basis?
No. These are full-time courses.
11. What is the college timing?
Two shifts. Shift 1- 9am to 3:40pm Shift 2- 11:30am to 6:00pm
12. Are we allowed to work while studying?
You have to secure at least 75% attendance for appearing in the examination.
13. Am I eligible to apply for a Master’s post my Bachelor’s in Pharmacy?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for a Master’s at any University after acquiring a Bachelor’s degree from Brainware University.
14. Will I get a job once I complete my course?
Brainware University has an excellent placement cell with Pan India network of employers. Each student will get a number of interviews. Moreover, our pre-placement and soft skill training starts from the 1st year.
15. What are my job opportunities after a B. Pharm or D. Pharm?
After completion of B. Pharm one can work as Hospital Pharmacist and Community Pharmacist. He or she can also work in the manufacturing sector, quality control, marketing and regulatory bodies. In academics candidates having B. Pharm can act as lab technicians and also as teachers for D. Pharm students.
After completion of D. Pharm one can work as Hospital Pharmacist and Community Pharmacist. He or she can also manage drug stores.
16. What are the scholarship opportunities for the programs and how can I apply for the same?
Visit our website: http://www.brainwareuniversity.ac.in/scholarship.php
17. Can I pay the fees in instalments?
Yes, you can pay the fees quarterly.
18. Is there any assistance from the university regarding bank loans?
For facilitation of educational loans to its students, the University has tied-up with IDBI Bank. Here the University will act as a mediator between you and the Bank. Depending on the fulfilment of the required criteria, the Bank will disburse the loan.
19. Will the exams be conducted following the semester system or on a yearly basis?
Examinations will be held semester wise. Odd Sem Exam: December/January, Even Sem exam: June
20. If I miss a semester what is the maximum time that will be given to me from the University to complete the course?
B.Pharm – 8 years validity
21. Is there any facility available for SC/ST/OBC students?
Yes. For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the eligibility criteria will be 5% less in one's final results (10+2 or graduation), than those of the regular candidates.
22. Will I get hostel accommodation at the time of admission?
Yes, you can get hostel accommodation depending on the availability of hostel rooms. It will be booked on first-come-first serve basis.
23. Is there any provision for lateral admission?
24. Can I apply for admission before I have the result for my qualifying examination?
Yes. You can provisionally book your seat before you get the final result. You will also have to appear for the University Entrance Test. After getting the final result, submit it and your seat will be reserved, if you have scored the qualifying marks in your examination and in the entrance test. We suggest you book in advance.
25. Is there any capitation fee?
26. Is there any transport facility?
Yes. Our bus service is available from two locations- Garia and Shyambazar. Please find out the exact charges from our counsellors.