(Annual Management Fest jointly organized by School of Management and Commerce and Institution Innovation Cell, Brainware University)Date: 21- 22 Februry, 2020
Venue: Department of Management and Commerce, Brainware University, Barasat
Brainster, the annual management fest of the Department of Management and Commerce, Brainware University, is a grand event that comprises several individual competitions in the domain of business and management spread across two days. It provides a platform for future managers and potential innovation winners to showcase their skills and also test their competencies.
We are providing a platform where students from various institutes in India can get a magnificent opportunity to interact with each other and share their knowledge as well as innovative ideas. Furthermore, they can gain valuable insights from the industry people who have already made their entrepreneurial and managerial journey successful.Theme of Brainster2k20 “Innovative Business Model Canvas and Business Plan”
The objective of the “Get Set Startup” competition (Business Plan Competition) is to provide students with a platform to present their entrepreneurial ideas. Participants in the competition will get an opportunity to present their innovative ideas in commercial terms. Thus, we are providing students an approach to go after the philosophy of “learning by doing.” This event promotes the taste of innovation and entrepreneurship among the students.*Prizes worth INR 7000
(Team size: 3-4 members, Round 1: Online submission, Round 2: Presentation in campus, Registration Fee: Rs. 300 per team)
Excellence in decision-making is critical to managers as poor decisions can ruin an organization and its employees. A manager can help the company achieve its goals with managerial skills, including effective management decision-making. In the "Business Leader’s Arena" competition, students from various institutes in India will compete in teams. They will be working together to provide innovative solutions to problems associated with a real-life business scenario in the domain of airline, automobile, information technology, healthcare, digital marketing, tourism, and logistics.*Prizes worth INR 5000
(Team size: 2-4 members, Registration Fee: Rs. 300 per team)
A quiz serves the purpose of a quick test to gauge the students' talents, abilities, and knowledge. Students across disciplines from various colleges in India can participate in this contest to test their updated knowledge in the domain of business and management.*Prizes worth INR 5000
(Team size: 3 members, Registration Fee: Rs. 300 per team)
This event has been designed for students to present their work in a poster format. They can highlight their class projects, the research they have already conducted with/without a faculty member, internship projects, the papers they have written on specific topics, and write-ups on contemporary business issues.*Prizes worth INR 5000
(Team size: 3-4 members, Registration Fee: Rs. 300 per team)
This event has been designed for students to check their ability to examine a company’s financial status. Ratio analysis appears to be significant in evaluating the financial soundness of a firm in terms of risk, profitability, solvency, and efficiency of the firm, forecast prospects of the firm. It also helps to provide decision-makers information about a business enterprise for use in decision-making. The objective of this competition is to judge the decision-making skills of future managers in the domain of finance.*Prizes worth INR 5000
(Team size: 3-4 members, Round 1: Screening: Quiz in campus, Round 2: Final Presentation in campus, Registration Fee: Rs. 300 per team)
The use of debate helps the students to enhance their speaking ability and allows them to build their reasoning ability while researching for the information. Participants of this event will get a great platform to exercise their analytical and critical thinking skills, which in turn help to increase their confidence.*Prizes worth INR 3000
(Team Size: 2 members, Registration Fee: Rs. 200 per team)
MD, Sustiknow Advisory Pvt. Ltd., Formerly, CEO and Director, Webel Venture Capital Ltd.
GM Sales (East India and Eastern UP), Gulf Oil India Ltd.
Founder and Executive Chairman, SastaSundar.com
Founder, SunCraft Energy
1. Participating team should fill the online registration form (All team members’ names should be mentioned). They have to fill separate form for more than one event.
2. A unique team code will be sent to the registered email address for participating in a particular event.
3. The team will report to the registration desk (9 a.m. – 10 a.m.) with the team code on the day of particular event.
4. They will pay their registration fee at the cash counter of the university by cash/card and then they will report again to the registration desk with the payment receipt.
● Volunteers will be there to help all the participating teams in this registration process.
1. Size of Team: 3-4 participants.
2. Teams have to present thier Business plan in Powerpoint slides in front of a panel of judges.
3. Details about the formats of the submissions can be found below:
4. A screen will be placed at the front of the room for judges to view the team’s PowerPoint presentation.
5. If a team is late and/or misses its designated presentation time, the team will forfeit its competition slot.
6. Any action that violates the standard Code of Ethics or the rules stated here will immediately disqualify the team.
A preliminary screening round may be conducted if the number of participating teams exceeds the limit.
1. Executive Summary (Discuss the plan very briefly)
2. Company description (max. 100 words)
4. Markets Analysis
5. Marketing Strategy and Implementation
6. Financial Plan
1. Size of Team: 2-4 participants.
2. This contest comprises two phases: the pre-event virtual preparation, followed by the onsite oral presentation at the Brainster2k20 venue.
3. As part of the competition’s virtual preparation, teams will analyse a business case study and offer a solution (Word file), preparing and submitting the PowerPoint slides for the oral presentation to be given on the day of the competition.
4. Teams have to present thier solution (in power point presentation format) in front of a panel of judges.
5. Details about the formats of the submissions can be found below:
6. A screen will be placed at the front of the room for judges to view the team’s PowerPoint presentation.
7. If a team is late and/or misses its designated presentation time, the team will forfeit its competition slot.
8. Any action that violates the standard Code of Ethics or the rules stated here will immediately disqualify the team.
1. Only team entries are eligible, and team shall consist of three (3) persons.
2. The decision of the quiz-master will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
3. The participants shall not be allowed to use mobile or other electronic instruments during the contest.
4. The questions shall be in the form of Multiple Choice, True/False statement, Specific answer question, Audio Visual, etc.
5. Team discussion is allowed but audience/supporters shall not give any hints or clues to the participants.
6. Replacement of any participant of a team is not allowed after registration.
7. If a team cannot answer the question, they can pass the question and the question would be forwarded to the next team.
1. Quiz in written format may be conducted at the beginning (screening round) in case of number of participating teams exceeding the limit.
2. Surprise round may be conducted in case of tie in the final round.
1. Team size: 3-4 members.
2. Poster should be designed & prepared in prior. No time would be allotted to any group to prepare the poster on the spot.
3. Names of the participants should be clearly mentioned on the poster.
4. Topic for the competition: Select class project on any topic, paper based on past research, internship project, and or write-ups on contemporary business issues.
5. A3 paper should be used for the exhibition of the project.
6. Poster must be submitted 1 hr. before the commencement of the event to the registration desk.
7. Decisions of the panel of judges will be final.
1. Team Size: 3-4 participants.
2. The event is based on the financial analysis of Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet of the two companies from a particular industry. Teams have to analyse the financial data of both the companies to compare the financial health of the same. No other financial statement is to be considered for this contest.
3. The financial statements (Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet) will be sent to the registered mail address of the team on 19.02.2020. Teams have to prepare a write-up (Word file) and make a powepoint presentation. They have to present thier Powerpoint slides in front of the panel of judges on 22.02.2020. They have to submit both the files (Printed Word file and PPT soft copy) to the registration desk 1 hour before the commencement of the contest.
4. PowerPoint Slide Format: The team will use the PowerPoint slides to give its oral presentation on the day of the competition. The presentation may not be longer than 5 minutes. A panel of judges then will ask questions they deem appropriate and judge the presentation. Five additional minutes will be allotted for Q&A.
5. Knowledge on important ratio like current ratio, debt equity ratio, debt service coverage ratio, debtors turnover ratio, creditor turn over ratio are required to evaluate the financial health of companies
6. Participants are supposed to compare the financial health of the companies based on the various ratio and supported information.
7. Remarks of the teams regarding the best performing company has to be justified with result of the data analysis and must be presented in front of the panel of judges within the allotted time frame.
8. Decisions of the panel of judges will be final.
Quiz (MCQ) in written format may be conducted at the beginning (screening round) in case of number of participating teams exceeding the limit.
1. The motion of debate competition is “Outbreak of Corona Virus has adverse effect on Chinese goods’ popularity.”
2. There are two teams participating in a single contest, each consisting of two speakers.
3. Each team needs to mention in the registration form whether it will debate in favour or against the motion.
4. Contesting teams will be decided through lottery.
5. The teams can be from any domain.
6. Best three (3) Debater Teams out of all winners will be awarded.
7. This rule will be equally applicable for undergraduate and postgraduate teams.
8. Judges' decision will be final.
9. Participants must come in institution’s uniform with ID cards on.
10. Participants should report at the Registration Desk at 10 a.m. on 22.02.2020, Saturday
11. Rules of the Contest:
|Time||4 min||2 min||4 min||2 min||2 min||2 min|
(A stands for Affirmative, N for Negative, C for Constructive, R for Rebuttal, Q&A for questions and answers)
398, Ramkrishnapur Road, Barasat, Near Jagadighata Market, Kolkata, West Bengal 700125
Call Us: 033-71445598
For competitions related queries contact:
Bishal - 9748986984 / 9748006109
Arpan - 8521904621