Currently the faculties of ‘Department of Biotechnology’ under the ‘School of Biotechnology & Biosciences’ Brainware University are working in university funded various research domains;
Coordinator: Dr. Pijush Mallick
Coordinator: Dr. Saprativ P Das
- Development of novel mushroom hybrid and their cultivation.
- Plant tissue culture & nursery development.
- Waste management followed by production of Vermicompost.
- Rain water harvesting for drinking purposes.
Coordinator: Dr. Uma Shankar Prasad Uday
- Biofuel production & bioprocess engineering:
- Biogas from kitchen waste.
- Biodiesel from algae.
- Bioethanol from sugarcane bagasse.
- Enzyme production & their commercial applications.
- Waste water treatment.
Students from B.Sc. (BT) batch are directly involved in the above mentioned research domains in various projects under the following faculties;
Under the Guidance of Dr. Pijush Mallick:
Under the Guidance of Dr. Saprativ P Das:
- Development of molecular characterization of novel somatic hybrid raised through protoplast fusion between edible mushroom strains Lentinula edodes + Termitomyces sp.
- Production of molecular characterization of novel somatic hybrid raised through protoplast fusion between edible mushroom strains Lentinula edodes + Pleurotus sp.
- Optimization of sugar concentration and pH level for in-vitro micropropagation of Indian banana genotypes.
- Effect of different hormone concentration and pH level during in-vitro micropropagation of Indian banana genotypes.
Under the Guidance of Dr. Uma Shankar Prasad Uday:
- Fermenter fabrication towards enhanced bioethanol production from sugarcane bagasse.
- Development of an integrated algae harvesting technology for biodiesel production.
- Kitchen waste based bioethanol and biogas production – a bio refinery perspective.
- Holistic approach for cost effective enzyme production and its application in ethanol production.
- Fermentative production of amylase.
- Development of a prototype for University waste water treatment.