The three years bachelor (Hons) degree in both biotechnology (BSCBT) and microbiology (BSCMB) are having the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Program Specific Academic Excellence: Students of these programs shall gain profound knowledge in various disciplines viz., genetics, microbiology, physiology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, environmental biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, cell biology, nano-biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, biofuel production, downstream processing, enzymology, rural biotechnology, pharmaceutical biotechnology, medical biotechnology, plant biotechnology, animal biotechnology, microbial biotechnology, industrial microbiology, useful microorganisms and regulatory affairs to cater to the requirements of biotech industries, microbiology industries, pathology cum hospital industries, agricultural industries, food & beverage industries, biochemical industries, research organizations, IT medical, academicians in private and government sectors.
- Global Core Competence: Students of both biotechnology and microbiology to be developed into highly competent individual professional with practical skills by igniting scientific temper and promoting intellectual quest to gear ahead towards competitive examinations and diverse careers in the field of all biological, environmental, medical & agricultural sciences through the process of continuous learning.
- Personality Development and Professionalism: To inculcate discipline, professionalism, team spirit, communication skills, social and ethical commitment in the under & post graduates in order to adorn leadership roles facilitating improvement in medical, agricultural, environmental, biochemical & food sector with a distinct professional identity, business acumen, global recognition and sustainable development. Graduates also will be pursued in higher education with synergistic combination of the entrepreneurship skills of biologists and engineers.
- Collaboration: To benefit students through industry – institute interface and collaboration works with other academic, medical and research organizations resulting in confidence building, knowledge advancement and entrepreneurial competencies. All the graduates will be able to work in multidisciplinary team and will be socio-ethically responsible also.
- Subject Regulatory Affairs: Both under & post graduates to be trained in current acts and regulations governing good manufacturing practices, good laboratory practices, advanced molecular biology practices and environmental safety policy, thereby enhancing integrity and ethical values in their profession.
The two years master’s degree in both biotechnology (MSCBT) and microbiology (MSCMB) are having the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The objectives of the Master’s Programme in Biotechnology is to equip the students to apply knowledge of molecular mechanisms of cellular processes in living systems including microbes, plants, animal and higher order organisms to applied aspects. The lab based training in addition to theory is included to prepare them for careers in the industry, agriculture and applied research where advanced biological system i.e., biotechnology is increasingly employed. Basics and current updates in the areas of Plant & Animal Sciences, Fermentation Technology, Agriculture & Environmental biotechnology are included to train the students and also sensitize them to scope for research as well as an entrepreneur. The Masters in Biotechnology Programme will address the increasing need for skilled scientific manpower with an understanding of research ethics involving animals and humans to contribute to application, advancement, and impartment of knowledge in the field of biotechnology globally.
The objective of the Master’s Programme in Microbiology is to equip the students to apply knowledge of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cellular processes, classification, interaction of microorganisms among themselves, with physical and chemical agents and higher order organisms . The laboratory training in addition to theory is included to prepare them for careers in the industry, agriculture, and applied research where biological system is increasingly employed. Basics and current molecular updates in the areas of Industrial Microbiology, Fermentation Technology, Agriculture & Environmental Microbiology are included to train the students and also sensitize them to scope for research. The Masters in Microbiology Programme will address the increasing need for skilled scientific manpower with an understanding of research ethics involving microorganisms to contribute to application, advancement and impartment of knowledge in the field of microbiology and molecular biology globally.